Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ittay bittay kittay committay

Did you ever wonder what a freezer full of cat cadavers would look like? Well, wonder no more. Behold:




[Figure 1: Me in a freezer full of cats.]

As a grad student, I have to (get to!) TA a couple sections of an anatomy/physiology lab. Part of the class involves using preserved cat cadavers to help the students learn about muscles, internal organs, etc.

However, I think I'm spending too much time thinking about/dealing with the cats. Between doing cat dissections myself, studying up on cat anatomy so I at least seem like I know what I'm talking about, and helping my students dissect the cats, I spent about 20 hours last week on cat-related issues.

Why mention this? Because the cats are invading my dreams. Seriously.

Example one: I'm teaching one of my lab sections, when a student suddenly says, "Meredith! This cat is breathing!" I rush over, and sure enough, the thing is coming back to life. I yell for someone to get some radioactive stuff (really??) to inject into the cat to re-deaden it. Someone gets it. I inject the cat. The radioactive stuff doesn't work. OH MY GAAASH, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?!? I wake up in a semi-panic.

Example two: I have a cute little (alive) kitten. Some unknown person wants to take it and use it for the anat/phys labs. I spend the whole dream running away and wake up exausted.


So there you go. I am being driven insane by dead cats. Or maybe the formaldehyde fumes are starting to get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment